When you are young, the holiday season is an enjoyable time. When you grow a little older, it quickly becomes apparent why your parents might have been stressed during the holidays! Suddenly all the gifts, treats, and planning of fun activities are on your shoulders. We here at Greenspan Wellness Center know how detrimental stress can be to your health, so we have a few tips for stress management this season.
- Make Lists. Channel Santa this year– make a list and check it twice! Make a list of who you’ve decided to buy gifts for and stick to it. Try to avoid the last-minute expense and feeling of obligatory gifts for those you hadn’t intended on buying a gift for.
- Plan Ahead. Get your online and shipped gifts well in advance of the big day to avoid disappointment when things don’t arrive on time. Many shipping times are published, and you can track things with online tracking numbers.
- Make Wise Decisions. There’s no need to over-extend yourself during this time of year. Prioritize events you actually need or want to attend, and don’t be afraid to politely decline other invites or requests that won’t make YOU happy.
- Volunteer. Consider charitable donations instead of gifts, or volunteer your time. Organizations offer everything from buying a goat for a village in Africa to supporting a local family in need. Another popular idea is to find a local charity that needs hands-on help– this is a great family activity!
- Make Your Health a Priority. Eat healthy, get plenty of rest, and talk to us about supplements that can help with stress management and reduce inflammation. We’ll be happy to help.
For more tips on stress management during the holiday season, contact us here at Greenspan Wellness Center today!